Position: Director of Human Resources
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Primary Purpose: Management of the day to day Human Resources (HR) functions in the following areas: organizational development, employee / labor relations, performance management and recruitment.
Responsibilities (Include but are not limited to):
· Reviewing, interpreting, implementing and enforcing company policies and procedures as necessary. Communicating changes to managers and entire company as necessary.
· Recruiting, screening and hiring of staff and interacting with employees at all stages of their employment life cycle, including recruitment, on-boarding (i.e. orienting new employees to organizational policies and procedures), reviews, and termination.
· Orienting new employees to organizational policies and procedures
· Overseeing compliance with all relevant federal, state, and local employment and labor laws.
· Supervising payroll administration including time and attendance, Paid Time Off, including accrued time, and both internal and external payroll reporting.
· Supervising, coordinating and managing benefits administration including health, dental, and life insurance, as well as 401-K, among other supplemental benefits.
· Overseeing and restructuring performance evaluation and improvement system, professional development programs, and compensation benchmarking procedures.
· Overseeing maintenance of employee and payroll records.
· Overseeing all payroll, performance, and benefits-related reporting.
· Employee relations, including managing employee conflict resolution.
· Managing and mentoring human resources staff.
· Insurance Coordination
· Assist in gathering and providing information necessary for insurance companies to determine our liability, property, unemployment, health, workers’ compensation, disability, officers & directors and other insurance needs and policy limits.
· Manage negotiations and review of policies.
· Work with insurance companies to provide policy documentation information to funding sources and other parties as necessary.
· Coordinate filing and response to claims.
· Assist in identification of policies which are adequate and most cost-effective.
· Serve as point person for staff to contact regarding all insurance issues.
· Must maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
· Excellent computer skills (proficient in word, excel, internet research)
· Excellent written skills-able to draft documents without guidance
· Detail oriented
· Excellent at multitasking and setting priorities.
· Education and / or Experience: MS and prior HR experience preferred
· Language Skills: Must have excellent verbal and communications skills.
Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org