Development Associate University of the People-Remote Position – US-based
University of the People is the Education Revolution! It is the first non-profit, American-accredited, tuition-free online university dedicated to opening access to higher education globally.
The Development Associate will play a key role in helping to grow the major gifts, foundation, government and corporate prospect pool, focusing on high level funding opportunities that align with the University of the People’s mission and priorities. The Development Associate will provide high level support to the President, Vice President for Development, and Director of Foundation Relations of the University and their respective major gift donors and prospects. Support consists primarily of donor research, grant proposal writing, stewardship, and event coordination.
- Generates revenues for University of the People programs and services through timely submission of well-researched, well-written and well-documented grant proposals
- Writes progress reports to individual, government and foundation funders
- Liaisons with program staff and administrators for program information
- Researches prospective individuals, foundations and corporations interested in issues related to UoPeople’s mission and work.
- Drafts and manages thank you letters and other forms of donor acknowledgement/ correspondence
- Assists with preparation for meetings such as the Board Development Committee as necessary
- Assists with making contacts related to fundraising and public relations, such as contacting other agencies for letters of support; contacting funders as needed to obtain/update information, promote University of the People and secure funding
- Maintains accuracy of records, inputs donor contacts and research, and generates regular and timely reports
- Works with the web development team to maintain content on the university’s development website
- Bachelor’s degree in a related subject
- A minimum of three years’ experience in nonprofit fundraising with an emphasis on experience in writing proposals and research
- Experience in higher education and/or social services (advantage)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Microsoft Dynamics 365 preferred)
- Written communication – writes clearly and informatively; varies writing style to meet needs, communicates numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information
- Analytical – synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; demonstrates attention to detail.
- Strategic thinking – understands organizational priorities and needs; identifies opportunities; adapts strategies to funders and/or conditions; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; sets goals and objectives; develops reasonable action plans
- Planning/organizing – prioritizes and plans work activities to achieve deadlines; good time management
- Teamwork – must possess the ability to work collaboratively as well as independently to achieve goals
Submit your resume including a cover letter to recruitment@UoPeople.edu