Facebook seeks an experienced Corporate Communications Manager to support its Monetization Communications team, specifically focused on Small Business. The successful candidate has a passion for small businesses and how our services can help those entrepreneurs start a business, grow their existing business and hire or employ their team. In addition, the candidate will have deep experience in media relations with experience developing and executing high-profile communication initiatives that work with local organizations, governments and news organizations across the US. The candidate will also have experience dealing with high-profile individuals and US advocacy and trade organizations.
This is a full-time position based in our New York office.
- Develop strategies and own day-to-day execution for global public relations programs related to small businesses and economic impact
- Develop and executive programs that support small businesses in the US through working with local organizations and policy makers
- Work directly with small businesses and their advocacy groups
- Bring your strong media relationships to bear to support our efforts to raise awareness for our training and advocacy programs aimed at small businesses
- Interface and consult regularly with cross-functional teams across the company
- Work with external audiences to education people about our business and advertising products, including but not limited to people, analysts, influencers
- Support and manage the creation of press materials and customer/partner reference programs in key countries globally
- Organize press briefings, media sessions, and events
- Prepare briefing materials and manage executive spokespeople
- 7+ years work experience in PR or communications, both agency and in-house
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, English or related field
- Experience in Internet, technology and/or advertising PR
- Experience in managing PR agencies, contractors and project management
- Experience working cross-functionally with policy teams on policy initiatives
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.