Work Remotely Temporarily due to COVID-19
Under the supervision of the Director of Financial Aid, the Financial Aid Representative will provide excellent customer service and assistance to a diverse population of students, staff, and faculty. The Financial Aid Representative duties include counseling and advising students and parents on the various financial aid programs, assisting with the administration of one or more federal, state, or institutional financial aid programs, evaluating Financial Aid applications in order to determine student eligibility for various financial aid programs, as well as collecting data and keeping accurate records.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- · Assists and Advise students and parents in the application process for financial aid by helping them to complete appropriate and required forms; by advising them of their rights and responsibilities concerning financial aid; and by providing them with information about the status of their financial aid applications.
- · Ensures student and parent awareness of various financial aid resources during the financial aid planning appointment by providing information to them and answering their questions regarding available financial aid resources.
- · Determines students' eligibility for the various financial aid programs by evaluating and reviewing their application.
- · Responsible for resolving verification of federal and or institutionally selected students, which includes collecting required documents, performing reviews of those required documents and making any necessary corrections to the information provided by the student and parent.
- · Responsible for Resolution of federal C-flags that result from mismatches for: selective service, citizenship etc.
- · Responsible to communicate and resolve with the student any missing documentation needed and or unresolved conflicting information to ensure the timely disbursement of the student’s financial aid.
- · Representing the Office of Financial Aid at Various recruitment events such as open houses, information sessions, and financial aid workshops
- · Conducting presentations at on and off campus events
- · Conducting entrance/exit counseling for student borrowers of Federal Direct Stafford Loans
- · Contributes to the overall success of the Office of Student Financial Aid by performing all other duties as assigned by the Director of Financial Aid.
- · Responsible for the creation and maintenance of student financial aid files.
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
Swedish Institute has been training allied health professionals in the New York Metro area for over 100 years. Located in the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan, our college boasts two campus locations of fully equipped classrooms geared toward specialized, on-site training.