TRC Energy Services is seeking a qualified individual to support commercial, institutional and industrial energy efficiency and green building programs. Projects and responsibilities may include energy auditing, demand side project management, Combined Heat & Power; custom boiler and central utility plants; district heating and cooling systems. Candidates must possess strong technical capabilities including knowledge of building systems, energy efficiency, green building and sustainability.
Key responsibilities include:
- Conduct facility ASHRAE I and II level audits, feasibility studies and reports, for local government entities such as municipalities, K-12, state colleges, universities, and water treatment facilities.
- Perform energy engineering studies, including energy audits & feasibility studies as needed.
- Perform facility utility analysis and energy benchmarking using EnergyStar Portfolio Manager.
- Conducting project fieldwork, energy savings analysis, and report production using standard resources and templates and custom tool development.
- Working on a variety of energy saving calculations, strategies and projects.
- Deliver high quality report and audit tool requiring minimal QAQC efforts.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and able to meet deadlines and client expectations.
- Review calculations and assumptions used to estimate or measure savings due to energy efficiency and green building projects.
- Conduct on site meetings and presentations and provide answers to technical and program related questions.
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Architecture, Planning, Environmental Science, Natural Resource Management, or related field;
- 4+ years of experience with ASHRAE Level I and II energy auditing, report writing, and energy analysis. Significant level II Audit experience preferred.
- Knowledge of building systems, such as lighting, HVAC, energy efficiency technologies, green building and high performance design;
- Experience in energy conservation measures work scope recommendations including measures such as air infiltration reduction, HVAC upgrades, motors, lighting, building shell/envelope, appliances, and lighting.
- Aptitude for communicating (written and oral) technical and program concepts to clients, contractors, consumers, and other interested people or organizations.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Experience with CHP and Solar is a plus
Local Travel required to project sites throughout NJ.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
New Brunswick, NJ - George St - NBK