Aug 28, 2014
- Support the overall risk management framework and risk environment to ensure adherence to internal polices, regulatory requirements and Home Office approved risk structure.
2. Support the Group's comprehensive risk management planning framework' that includes risk management planning, committee planning and meetings, monitoring and reporting, and overall group administration.
3. Coordinate and prepare information for U.S. Risk Committee and Comprehensive Risk Management Committee and the Risk Management Departments' presentation of Governance Control Committee & General Manager meetings
4. Manage reporting needs: provide support to conformation strategy development and analysis of ongoing monitoring and reporting support (in compliance with Volcker Rule); calculate SD/MSP (Swap Regulation); provide reports to the Americas Division and to Head Office; and weekly risk reviews for combined U.S. Operations.
5. Manage and maintain an effective independent risk management function with sufficient stature, authority, resources and access.
6. Ensure business continuity under all conditions, sometimes adverse, with strict adherence to established guidelines and deadlines.
- 2 to 5 years of relevant risk management experience in financial services.
- BA/BS, or its equivalent preferred.
- FRM or CFA designation preferred.
- Knowledge of U.S. and Japanese banking laws and regulations, and Risk Management framework and regulatory requirements (or ability to aquire expeditiously).
- Ability to acquire knowledge of SMBC’s products and services, policies and procedures organizational structure and business culture; strong knowledge of Front Office critical.
- Strong understanding of regulatory requirements such as DFAST, CCAR, Basel, Volcker Rule, Swap Regulation and other U.S. and international requirements.
- Ability to build relationships and facilitate communications with U.S. and Japanese senior management, business leaders, and risk management colleague.
- Strong understanding of data governance and data management.
- Strong analytical skills: detail oriented.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- optional field 1
- Tuesday, May 8, 2018
Analyst, Risk Management Planning Group - SMBC
Risk Management DepartmentSumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation. - New York, NY 10172
SMBC's Risk Management Department is looking for an experienced Analyst to join its Planning Group. The role reports directly into the group head of Risk Management Planning.
Understands complex situations, people and systems needs against backdrop of managing a risk management environment.