Aug 28, 2014
- optional field 1
- Monday, March 12, 2018
Unisys is a global information technology (“IT”) company. We work with many of the world’s largest companies and government organizations to solve their most pressing IT and business challenges. We specialize in providing integrated, leading-edge solutions to clients in the government, financial services and commercial markets. Our offerings include cloud and infrastructure services, application services, security solution and high-end server technology. We have more than 20,000 associates serving clients around the world. For more information, visit www.unisys.com.
Provides leadership and creativity in the implementation and maintenance of client infrastructure during engagements. Works with the client, Partner and project team to plan, develop, organize, monitor and deliver equipment and system implementation and maintenance. Is responsible for ensuring that the technology implementation is efficiently and effectively implemented within the scope of their assigned project.
Actively participates in engagements that result in profitable revenue growth. Identifies opportunities for follow-on business that brings additional value to the client. Follow-on engagement opportunities include additional services engagements, increasing Unisys chargeable hours, creating change orders when additional work required is outside the original contracted scope of the project and/or services proposal activity in Unisys portfolio areas.
Has responsibility and accountability for the correctness, viability, and estimates for the infrastructure implementation related services and components within their engagement.
Is recognized within Unisys and/or external organizations as an expert in one or more of the specific infrastructure disciplines and sufficiently knowledgeable in the others to make implementation decisions
Specific Infrastructure disciplines include:
• Platform and Storage infrastructure and operating environments
• Database Infrastructure
• Network Infrastructure
• Security Infrastructure and operating environment / application security
• Application Infrastructure including Integration Services
• Common Services Infrastructure including File, Print, Messaging, and Collaboration Services
• IT Operations Infrastructure
• IT Processes
• IT Governance, Measurement, and Controls
Provides thought leadership on implementation and integration of COTS components and third party infrastructure products and tools.
Leverages current industry, technical knowledge and/or entire enterprise IT infrastructure knowledge to perform consulting engagements and participate in pre-sales activities.
Demonstrates specialist knowledge in one or more infrastructure disciplines (see above) including trends, current industry standards, new products and the circumstance under which they are appropriate, and uses this knowledge to support their assigned project or client support and to generate profitable revenue growth for Unisys.
• Demonstrates proficiency in infrastructure or application configuration, installation, construction, test, deployment, performance tuning, and/or operations and applies this proficiency in the delivery of services for clients.
• Is responsible and accountable for the successful delivery of infrastructure deliverables within their assigned project. Ensures that all implementation artifacts and deliverables are developed to the highest quality standards.
• Takes responsibility for the complete integrity of a portion or the entire small or major infrastructure solution area as designated in the project plan.
• Configures, installs, implements and supports complex technology infrastructure solutions for a client unit or organization.
• Applies industry or domain knowledge to develop custom solution recommendations that conform to project requirements and constraints utilizing industry standards, best practices and internal and/or third party products.
• Integrates solutions from one or more areas of specialization into existing client environments.
• Freely shares expertise and knowledge with peers throughout Unisys.
• Provides leadership and is able to communicate with management (Unisys and client) in areas related to infrastructure.
• Provides technical presentations to internal and external clients.
May assign and review tasks, provide appropriate mentoring, manage performance feedback, training and professional development opportunities to help individuals reach their full potential.
• Serves as a technology mentor for junior practitioners across the company.
• May monitor the performance of internal and external service providers and/or sub-contractors in order to ensure the awareness or requirements, adherence to project quality, timely implementation of deliverables and resultant client satisfaction.
Recognized within Unisys as having subject matter expertise in one or more infrastructure technology disciplines and has significant knowledge of related infrastructure disciplines necessary to provide thought leadership and advice on infrastructure designs and operations. Has current industry and technical knowledge in area of expertise to participate in pre-sales solution activities or client engagements. Demonstrates proficiency in infrastructure or application configuration, installation, construction, test, deployment, performance tuning, and/or operations and applies this proficiency in the delivery of services for clients. Responsible and accountable for the successful delivery of infrastructure deliverables within their assigned project. Participates in technical discussions and presentations internally and externally (clients or external organizations). Has high level of specialist knowledge in specific technology domain or subject area (e.g., compute, network, storage, enterprise systems management, logical security & access) and current knowledge on trends, industry standards, emerging products & technology, vendors, Unisys partners & competitors, and related subjects. Responsible for the correctness, viability, and estimates for the infrastructure implementation related services and components within their engagement. Works effectively with other technical specialists and support personnel. May assign tasks and monitor progress of Unisys technical staff, external service providers, or sub-contractors. Performs work according to IT Operations competencies and practices. Bachelor's degree with 5-8 years infrastructure operations or related technical experience. Advanced training and/or certifications or equivalent experience in a primary technical subject area and demonstrated experience in one or more secondary technical subject areas.
Average of 8 years implementation and planning experience in two or more areas of technology or application specialization or equivalent certifications and/or experience. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. Prior work experience should include:
o proposing opportunities for follow-on business that resulted in new business.
o sufficient exposure to clients across a variety of industries and domains
o configuring and installing a wide-range of technology and COTS solutions and tools for clients that resulted in profitable revenue growth
o experience in two or more project related roles such as implementer, integrator, test analyst, system administrator, tool specialist, support engineer, or architect.
o Knowledge and proficiency in infrastructure architecture, design, development and/or implementation techniques.
o completion of the appropriate technologist learning discipline course sequence.
Do you have what it takes to be mission-critical? Apply Now.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.