Aug 28, 2014
- Working with the dean and senior leadership at the School of Medicine, Hofstra University, and Northwell Health to create strategies and tactics, set short- and long-term goals to benefit School of Medicine, Hofstra University, and Northwell Health.
- Selecting, training, coaching, and supervising, and leading a communications and events team of 4-6 staff members.
- Planning, implementing, staffing, and measuring the success of the School’s marketing, public relations, communications, and events programs in alignment with the mission and goals of the School of Medicine. Providing timely reports on all communications and event programs to the senior administration.
- Facilitating and enhancing the School’s image and branding, in alignment with Hofstra University and Northwell Health, as well as instituting a strong social media presence with the community and applicants, students, faculty, and donors.
- Directing strategy for media relations activities, public service announcements, photographs, videos, and other media materials on a regular basis that interpret the School to the internal and external community.
- Working collaboratively with the website design team to ensure alignment of strategy and goals.
- Developing strategy for the production of a wide variety of communications and informational resources and materials, including fact sheets, brochures, articles, reports, news releases, advertising, and live and taped broadcasting via television and web sites.
- Participating in the budget development process and supporting budget management for the communications and events team. Reviewing and assisting with the approval process for contracts, agreements, and billing in relation to events and meetings, including facility rentals and vendors.
- A bachelor’s degree required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- The successful applicant must possess at least five years of experience in the fields of communications, marketing, and events.
- The successful applicant must demonstrate successful supervisory and project management skills with staff and/or vendors.
- Must demonstrate the ability to professionally communicate and work cooperatively with a wide range of senior administration and technical, academic and communications/marketing/planning/event departments across Hofstra University, Zucker School of Medicine, and Northwell Health.
- optional field 1
- Monday, February 4, 2019
Director of Communications and Event Management Hofstra University
Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell
The Director of Communications and Event Management is responsible for providing strategic direction for marketing and branding, internal/external communications efforts, and special events, while managing the communications and events team’s execution of all related programs. The Director of Communications and Event Management reports to the Assistant Dean for Curricular Affairs and Special Projects and works closely with the following areas to ensure alignment of strategic goals and objectives: Student Affairs, Faculty Affairs, Development, and Alumni Affairs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Weekend hours may be required, as needed, in addition to late evenings and early mornings. This position also requires valid driver’s license and access to personal vehicle. Occasional travel required.
Applicants are invited to submit a cover letter that describes the applicant's interest in the position, current resume, and contact information for three professional references to: SOMRecruit@hofstra.edu
Voluntary Self-Identification - All applicants are invited to complete the three (3) voluntary self-identification forms
Deadline: Open until filled
Hofstra University is a nationally ranked and recognized private university in Hempstead, N.Y. that is the only school to ever host three consecutive presidential debates (2008, 2012 and 2016). At Hofstra, students get the best of both worlds. Our campus is a leafy oasis just a quick train ride away from New York City and all its cultural, recreational and professional opportunities. We offer small classes and personal attention, with the resources, technology and facilities of a large university. Students can choose from more than 160 undergraduate program options and 165 graduate program options in the liberal arts and sciences, education, health professions and human services, the Peter S. Kalikow School of Government, Public Policy and International Affairs, the Fred DeMatteis School of Engineering and Applied Science, the Frank G. Zarb School of Business, the Lawrence Herbert School of Communication, the Maurice A. Deane School of Law, the Hofstra Northwell School of Graduate Nursing and Physician Assistant Studies, and the Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell. Hofstra University is a dynamic community of more than 11,000 students from around the world who are dedicated to civic engagement, academic excellence and becoming leaders in their communities and their careers.
READ MORE HERE