Aug 28, 2014
- Scour the internet daily in search of the most relevant viral content
- Draft multiple headlines and thumbnail images per story for use on an array of social media platforms
- Monitor site traffic and adjust content positioning strategy accordingly
- Utilize A/B testing to determine the most effective approach for various stories
- Perform basic photo resizing and retouching as necessary
- 4+ years' experience in the online media space.
- 4+ experience in Facebook advertising
- Mastering writing skills: from having keen eye for grammar to the ability to communicate complex stories in a clear, concise manner
- Strong visual instincts and an eye for compelling images
- Demonstrated ability to successfully curate, package, and position content for a digital publisher
- Strong time management skills and the ability to complete tasks on schedule
- Hands on and independent
- Working knowledge of Google Sheets & Google Drive platforms
- intermediate knowledge of Photoshop
- An understanding of the vast internet beyond mainstream publishers
- Positive, team-player attitude
- Willingness to learn and grow with the company
- Demonstrated ability to handle constructive feedback and incorporate into the daily workflow
- Basic experience with WordPress preferred
- optional field 1
- Wednesday, May 9, 2018
Social Media Content writer and editor
A rapidly growing media company is seeking an experienced Social Media Copywriter to join company's Content Strategy team in NYC and help select, transform, analyze, and position stories for a variety of social media and advertising platforms.
We are looking for a content virtuoso. Both on the creative side and the analysis.
You will be part of a company that engages readers with shareable content and creates viral trends that reach millions of monthly users across the globe. The company reached the top 100 US websites by size, within months. Their mission is to change the way engaging content is created and distributed online.
Required Skills and Experience:
This is a one-of-a-kind opportunity to join a successful and fast-growing startup. This is a full-time position at the Midtown Manhattan office, with competitive compensation and benefits.
Please respond with your resume and a cover letter explaining why you would be a great fit for the job. Please also include screenshots of 2-3 published Facebook posts you feel have compelling headlines and images, with a brief note about what makes them successful. Qualified candidates may be asked to complete a brief writing exercise.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=Steve-ED if not I can't assist you. please send in document form only.