Aug 28, 2014
- Project manage end-to-end production for publications such as The Compass & The Beacon — edit, assemble writers, liaise with freelance designers & printers.
- Work with Director of Communications to manage website content for The Windward School & WTTI — layout, SEO strategy, analytics analysis, user experience research, & all digital marketing.
- Generate quality digital content, both written & visual.
- Manage parent portal, School’s weekly email, and other digital communications needed from development, WTTI, admissions, and others.
- Partner with Director of Communications to maintain a robust intranet (internal communications) strategy.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure cross-platform messaging is consistent.
- Collaborate on ad hoc projects as directed.
- Bachelor's degree;
- 3+ years in a digital marketing & communications role, preferably in an independent school or other non-profit organization;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and editing skills with attention to detail;
- Keen graphic design sense and ability to design using Photoshop, InDesign, or other design software;
- Ability to update website information using a content management system;
- Demonstrated success in managing multiple projects with shifting priorities & competing deadlines.
- optional field 1
- Wednesday, May 9, 2018
The Windward School seeks an Associate Director of Digital Communications & Publications to join its Office of Communications.
This position is responsible for editorial, design, and execution of all digital and print communications for The Windward School & Windward Teacher Training Institute (WTTI). This role will involve collaborating with the Director of Communications, other members of the team, and stakeholders to ensure printed publications, websites, and other digital vehicles stay on brand and messaging is consistent.
Essential qualifications include:
Please send your resume and cover note. Please indicate the position you are applying to in the subject line.
The Windward School is located on three campuses – two in White Plains and one in Manhattan on the Upper East Side. The main communications office is in White Plains, NY; however, this individual could be located at the Manhattan campus.
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: Communications: 1 year (Required)
Education: Bachelor's (Required)