- Direct the development and seek approval for the annual internal audit plan from Head International Audit / Chief Internal Auditor, in line with risk based planning process
- Develop and implement an effective and robust audit framework, identify and evaluate the risks to the Bank arising from its internal and external operating environment, through audit findings, assessment, evaluation, research and provides opinions and viable solutions.
- Direct, monitor and control all audit activity across the country to ensure compliance with internal policy, identify and act on areas of non-compliance and to ensure that the bank operates in accordance with the expectations of all of its stakeholders including regulators.
- Review existing Bank policies, processes and practices in order to identify issues of non-compliance, in order to take corrective action and to protect the best interests of the bank.
- Provides internal consultancy to functions across bank to review, determine and build appropriate internal controls that seek to protect the best interests of the bank , while maintaining independence of Audit.
- Provide informed opinions to Head International Audit / Chief Internal Auditor on the adequacy of controls to manage key risks and compliance with internal policies and guidelines for appropriate action and decision-making.
- Maintain effective relationship with external auditors, supporting the timely submission of required information and providing insight as required to ensure smooth conduct of external audits.
- Keeping the Head International Audit / Chief Internal Auditor abreast of developments and trends in internal auditing practices and on significant findings of audit assignments carried out by the bank in order to enhance bank's effectiveness and mitigate the vulnerability to risk.
- Formulate and review annual budgets to secure the resources necessary to achieve objectives agreed with Head International Audit / Chief Internal Auditor
- Liaise with US Regulators and ensure that the NY branch is adhering to the US Regulatory requirements.
- CA / CFA / MBA – Qualification.
- CISA / CIA – Certifications must
- 8 to 15 years of Audit Experience in a Bank in USA
- Preferred area – if with Foreign Banking Organization ( FBO )
- Familiarity with Correspondent Banking Business is preferred.
- Must have experience of liaison with US Regulators – Fed, DFSNY or OCC.
- optional field 1
- Monday, February 12, 2018
My client is looking for an experienced AML Internal Auditor in New York City. It is an open-ended contract that is more focused long term. I have included a description of the job below. If you or someone you know feels like they are an ideal match, please send an updated resume and the best time to call.
Audit Strategy and Planning
External Auditor Relations
Governance and Committees
Daniel Dedeian firstname.lastname@example.org